Tuesday, June 26, 2007

listen to me

so i think i wrote this poem somewhere between nine and eleven years ago. i have always been impressed/depressed by the fact that love and pain always seem to go together. in a romantic relationship when love becomes a factor there will be pain for any number of reasons; maybe it is disillusionment or a break-up, maybe it is pain you feel because the one you love is in pain. even in the most powerful relationship, that between God and his creation we find pain as God himself dies in our place. i have always felt that people really didn't get this when i explained it to them; i feel it so intensely but they don't feel it at all. hence the last line. here we go:

it is my destiny
it is my fate
melancholy madness

fills my plate
love is pain
and pain is me
there is no escape
that i can see
save death, that is,
may it draw near
though i must depart
those i hold dear
but it matters not
beyond the veil
and you'll quickly forget
my sordid tale
my cage is opened
for it is time to die
sweet loved one cry not
it's only good-bye
LISTEN TO ME!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.