Monday, June 18, 2007

ok, here's a brand spankin' new one-i'm making it up as i write it here. here we go:

like in a hurricane, spinning
i can't find the ground
and if i do, so what?
i don't know my way around
like in the darkest night, blind
i can't find the light of day
i tried to tell you but you wouldn't hear
so i have no more to say
like in a cage, trapped
my options are removed
you give your advice and you think
that my life is improved
i never really believed you'd do it
but i waited just the same
i was hoping, wishing, praying,
but you never came
i needed your experience,
but you never came
i needed your hand,
but you never came
i thought i was losing her,
but you never came
i even forgot me,
but you never came
so now i know how to spin
and find my way in the dark
i'm drawing my own map
and tearing cage walls apart
i'm tired and sad
and not sure where we'll go
but one thing i've learned
one thing i know
we weren't defeated
and we never will be
i don't know our next step
but the destination i see
and so we press on
with you or without
in confusion and uncertainty
but never with doubt
i cry out to God
that he would defend our cause
and i know we STILL rest
between the great lion's paws

why does it change fonts on me?! why why why why why?!?!?!?!?!

No comments: