Tuesday, July 29, 2008

untitled

How strange, how bizarre,
To be in this place, to find myself here
So far, so very far
Even though we’re near
I can’t believe this happened!
And it made me so very glad
But there is a price to pay:
I am so very sad
Sad it started, sad it ended,
But so happy to have been a part
My feelings flow hard in every direction
Each one more dangerous for my heart
I hear you
I see you
I touch you
But it’s different; it’s not the same
Like a ghost
Like a whisper
Like I only dreamed your name
If it was a dream then I don’t want to wake
But I must, for your, for mine, for all of our sake
“Another way to be”
That is what you said
My heart lacks direction
So I listen to my head
I tuck away emotions
To where they were before
And try to cast off feelings
That are so hard to ignore
“I’m really going to miss you”
That’s what you said to me
Maybe the loneliness will abate
When we find another way to be
I have a hope and an ambition,
You might even say a plan
That we may yet end up where we should have gone
When all of this began
As friends, dear friends, together,
In a Philadelphia of our own
Better for knowing the other
Better for having been known

No comments: